At some point, nearly all of us will develop an aching tooth. If you have a toothache then this could indicate the presence of a serious oral health concern. By seeing your dentist in a timely manner, we can provide restorative treatments to address your discomfort and repair your tooth.
Try Our Quiz on Toothaches
- True or False: An aching tooth can mean decay.
- True or False: Without treatment, the infection can develop.
- True or False: Toothaches can also mean bruxism.
- True or False: We can help prevent discomfort with general care.
- True. When a cavity forms, the first indicator is often tooth sensitivity, especially to hot or cold food/drinks, and a toothache. If the pain lasts less than 24 hours, then it may be related to a sinus issue. However, a discomfort that continues after 48 hours may indicate a problem that your dentist should see.
- True. A cavity continues to grow and spread unless treated by a dentist. Eventually, the bacteria can actually come into contact with the inner pulp. Your pulp acts as a nerve center for your tooth. The presence of bacteria can lead to an infection and eventually, kill the pulp. Causing the tooth itself to require removal before the infection spreads to other teeth.
- True. Bruxism refers to the regular grinding of the teeth or clenching of the jaw. Eventually, the pressure from teeth grinding can actually wear away enamel or even chip/crack the tooth. Patients may then experience toothaches.
- True. When you brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day, you help reduce the risk of tooth decay. In addition, you need to see us every six months for a dental cleaning. This preventive procedure involves removing all plaque from the teeth, significantly reducing the risk of cavities and aching teeth.
DOES YOUR TOOTH HURT?
We can identify the source of your discomfort and recommend a solution. To schedule your next appointment, call Just Wright Dental in Corsicana, TX, today by calling (903) 225-2221. We also proudly welcome patients from Waxahachie, Mildred, Eureka, Ennis, Fairfield, Teague, Blooming Grove, Dawson, Hubbard, Hillsboro, Mexia, Groesbeck, Kerens, Malakoff, Rice, Centerville, Buffalo, and Athens.